Boot Tripping Roots - Mount Field East

Thursday 2 March 2017

It was to be the final day to finish the last few metres of planking on the early stages of the Mount Field East track. It was now a considerable distance which meant that these boards had been carried in stages for 480 metres.

Now the site was one of boot tripping roots where the surrounding soil had been washed out over time. It didn’t look all that easy, but it was most difficult. In fact, I was told to go and check the track counter, a 30 minute walk up the track; clearly no one thought I would be any help.  I hoped it would be done by the time I got back, but I was to be disappointed. But eventually the problems were overcome and the work finished off.  That just left some staining to do but it does leave installing wire to reduce the chances people slipping.

Roots on the track

The roots all covered by the boards

Comments